Thursday, December 31, 2009

Counting Down....30 minutes to go to 2010...
We have gone to a movie as a family on New Years Eve for several years so this year we went to see Avitar-WOW! What a fantastic movie. Of course, the visual effects, 3-D, and especially the colors used were fantastic. The colors remind me of Maxwell Parrish prints (which I would love to have hanging on my wall one day). There were so many films to choose from, but we made the right choice. After the movie we stopped in the local Starbucks, snagged the comfy chairs and had a skinny latte-yummm...
Before the movie, we made our annual Good Will New Year's Eve run with the last donations for the year-that is also becoming a tradition.
Tuesday, I had a wonderful day in Elkin, NC. My friend Jamie and I spent the day poking around for treasures at a totally full antique mall, Habitat for Humanity and hospital thrift shops. The best "deal" was at the Habitat store where I snagged three HUGE rolls of satin used for trim for blankets-the price was perfect!! FREE!! I will try to get a good photo tomorrow just to show how big these rolls are. I'm not sure exactically what I will use all this satin for, but I know there is something. It was a great day-I'm so thankful I have a great friend who loves to go treasure hunting as much as I do. Jamie has a great eye and picked up on several things that I totally missed. She will make something totally cool out of her treasures.
I hope everyone is having a warm, dry, safe New Years Eve.
Be sure to eat black eye peas and greens tomorrow for good luck.
Happy new Year!
L
p.s. Igloo status-still standing. The snow is waiting around for more-weather here in NC is getting ready to be really cold for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment