Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's the Saturday before Christmas Day......


We had a wonderful winter storm last night that dump several-looks like eight inches of snow on the ground and I woke up at 5:15 this morning because I still get excited about SNOW! I love snow!


We live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina and we do ocassionally get snow, but not nearly enough to suit me.


I've already made a pot of homemade vegetable soup-looks like we wont be getting out of our drive today-we're a quarter of a mile off the "main" road-which really isn't a main road, but it is paved!


The sun has just popped through so we better get out there while the early morning beauty of a fresh snow is still out there.


If my wonderful 16 year old daughter will allow me to use her digital camera, I will put some photos up. Yes, I still use film-love my Nikon, but the results are not so INSTANT!


I have EVERTHING to do today for Christmas (I mean everything)......It's all good....


I hope everyone out there takes the time to pause and breathe during this special time of year. There is quiet solitude if we allow ourselves to listen for it.....


L


p.s. Above mentioned 16yo has gotten up, is baking cinnamon rolls, and is wrapping presents....WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment