Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Weekend

Spring is here-flowers are popping out everywhere, birds are singing, we have new week old kittens, garden is plowed,tilled, ready to plant.......Yep, it's spring!
Thankfully had a wonderful day not at my job yesterday-took Rena to school, then headed "to town" (you know I live in the country when I refer to a shopping trip as a trip "to town"). Anyhoo, hit Goodwill at 8:10 am-I had no idea so many people are at Goodwill at 8am! Same stuff-found a pair of black Levi jeans and a J Jill shirt as well as an unusual netty sort of half sweater thingy with beads (any thing with beads is great)....snagged some book finds (favorites to give away and some new ones to read like Poisonwood Bible-been wanting to read that for a while).
Salvation Army and Habitat were closed for Good Friday-seems like a missed opportunity for sales to me, but good for their employees to be off to enjoy the day too. Yokefellow was open-found some odds and ends there-definately still has thrift store prices (unlike Goodwill and their ridiclously, outrageous, humorously HIGH prices on stuff-don't mind most clothing prices though)...
Came home, stripped down and set on the deck and read while catching a few rays of sun to tame the winter whites. Temps were upper 80s!
Great day!!
Today, I tackled the task I've been dreading since I knew I had to do it-totally clean out the fridge. I took everything out-tossed everything I didn't know the date of, washed keepable jars, took all the shelving out and washed everything! All in all it took me three hours!! Part of that time was trying to remember how to put all the shelving back in-guess I should have made diagrams and labeled everything as Mr McKay suggested. Finally got it completed-looks great. We all just keep opening the door and looking at how shiny and uncrammed it all is.

No comments:

Post a Comment